Top Gorge Back Channel Site
overlooks the Back Channel and the dramatic narrowing of the river, which is the beginning of the gorge itself. It is approximately 200 metres above the Caves Falls and about 1.5kms down river from the junction of the Mann and Clarence Rivers.
This area is renowned as one of the best Bass fishing spots in NSW and has the added advantage of being isolated from river traffic and other anglers.
It is easy to launch a kayak and paddle upriver to the junction of the Clarence and Mann rivers. There is spectacular scenery and some great waterholes to fish along the way.
River View Campsite
is approximately 1.5kms below the waterfalls and has a secluded rock pool with a waterfall close to the campsite. It is easy to canoe into the gorge and fish to your hearts content.
is the only campsite situated in the gorge. It’s just a short walk down to the river’s edge for a swim, fish or to launch your kayak or canoe. Only two vehicles allowed.
1. There is no access during wet weather
2. 4WD access only to all three camp sites
3. 4WD must have reasonable clearance
4. Tyres must be in good condition
5. When towing a trailer small a 4WD vehicle have difficulty towing uphill
6. Only off road camper trailers or heavy duty trailers with high clearance are suitable
7. Maximum weight is 1 ton
8. Suitable for kayaks and canoes only (no outboard motors)
9. There are only long drop toilets at each site, no other facilities
10. Open fires are allowed as long as there is no total fire ban
11. There is plenty of firewood to collect
12. Call at back garden gate (reception) of homestead for directions and key
13. Top Gorge back channel campsite takes up to 3 vehicles
14. River View campsite (bottom gorge) takes up to 14 vehicles
15. Bring your own drinking water or bring a facility to boil river water
16. If for some reason we are not able to meet you on arrival the key and map will be left in a letter box at the reception gate
17. Dogs are allowed as long as they are strictly supervised
18. Strictly no motorbikes or guns of any size allowed on property
19. Be sure to leave plenty of time to access campsite as tracks close an hour before dusk for safety reasons
20. Book in advance as a one group at a time rule applies
21. There is no mobile reception
22. Make sure you have a full tank of petrol when leaving Copmanhurst